Followers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Eh??? Ria bought something for herself at full price??

Yes you can believe the title.

Behold, the Bianka:



Please excuse the frump-tastic pairing. I'd never pair a flowy shirt with a flowy skirt (thank you Stacey and Clinton for teaching me that fashion don't!), but I didn't try on any pants to go with it.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I was a little disappointed when I couldn't find this shirt in the store, and I was too shy to ask the SAs if they had it in stock. My mom, however, is definitely not shy. She marched up to the register and loudly remarked she was looking for "something called a bee-annah-kah shirt." I could have died. Thankfully the SAs were nice about it and were able to point us in the direction of the blouse. I was originally looking for a 0, but decided to try the 2 since I heard the shoulders could be tight on broad shouldered gals (like moi).

Oh pretty, pretty blouse. I'll admit it's a teeny bit big in the bust, but I think it's okay to wear tunics a little loose. The shoulders fit well too and I'm afraid sizing down to a 0 would be a mistake in that area. The print is by far the best part (you'll hear me saying that a lot with Anthro) and I love how skinny it makes me feel. Even my arms, which normally I try to hide under cardis, felt more toned in this shirt!

What can I say? I had just taken the LSAT, I was weak, and I had saved a little spending money that was burning a hole in my pocket. Plus, I doubted that this top would go on sale any time this century (and since Anthro just released the new motif a few days ago, it looks like I was right).

Do I regret it? Absolutely not. I wore it that night to dinner, then again on Wednesday when Fall Break was over. I paired it with some khaki colored trousers and brown heels and felt like I was wearing pajamas.

Shopping pro-tip 1: You know an item is special when you occasionally open up your closet just to look at it. I still can't believe it's mine.

Although this was all I bought (thank goodness), I did try on a few more things, two of which I absolutely fell in love with and WILL be mine someday. One more tidbit of news: The word on Roxy's blog is that a mega Anthro sale is on the horizon! Please, oh Anthro goddess, nothing for me again this week!!!

Edit: Also, Goldenmeans is having a contest!!! First prize is a 200 dollar Anthro gift card, so what are you waiting for?? Get over there and enter!
Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment